Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When Moshing had an Anthem...Plus...More Bass Stuff! Well at least bass themed....anyway.

So yeah... The Bass Blast is tomorrow. I'll post pics and whatnots and things after it's all said and done.

I'm on twitter...you can read all the riveting things I have to say from my twitter feed over there on the right. That would be that'a way ----->

Anyhow, After youtubing my way through memory lane looking for "Old Skool" metal to point to for #musicmonday...(you've got to have the hash mark or you fail, It's all about the hash marks apparently) I came across this:

Testament- Souls of Black. Can't embed it but here be a link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqiTNHJVp9E

Which lead to this: Exodus - The Toxic Waltz




Then This: Megadeth - Peace Sells



Which then led to many, many other things...some of which were rather embarrassing and perhaps a blog about the embarrassing music I listened to is in order...at least for penance...a sort of public flogging for all of the horrible music I used to listen to...except for these songs... they rock. \m/ <--- That's so freakin' metal! Grrr!

What's my point? Well, ignoring Exodus....Souls of Black and Peace Sells were two songs I just had to learn when I was a yute. Exodus is with us today simply to remind us how to mosh.

Are they truly "Old Skool?" That's up for debate...It is a touch disconcerting to hear 80's music on the oldies station....perhaps it is "Old Skool."

Anyhow...All this was inspired by some twitter discussions and I thought I'd go ahead and blog about it. (I would include the discussion but I've no idear how to do that.) There are more bass centric old skool metal songs out there to be sure....Some more have already come to mind. But in the interest of attempting to make this blog an interactive experience...does anyone who just might be reading have any songs and experiences to contribute to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment